Thursday, November 1, 2018

crankypants is trying

So I am terrible at social media. Almost as bad as I am at blogging. Nevertheless, I have ventured into the world of Instagram. This probably means it isn't cool anymore so expect any and all teenagers to abandon the platform immediately. You can find me there under crankypants makes: https://www.instagram.com/crankypantsmakes/. No matter how much the world changes I will pretty much always be cranky so it seemed like a good name to stick with.

I have been making stuff lately. I had a summer of making. Took classes at the local extension office and learned to make baskets and dye fabric and got inspired to get back into sewing. That's been a little bit of a hard row to hoe because my sewing machine, an ancient and blessed Singer that my mom handed down to me, died. I hope to find a repairman to revive it, but so far it's resting peacefully in the guest room closet. I bought a replacement which turned out to be a lemon, and was once again without a machine I have recently purchased a refurbished Juki.



A refurbished Juki was the only way I could afford one and keep both my kidneys. They are supposed to be great machines and absolute workhorses but the fact that it doesn't come with a manufacturer's warranty makes me sweat a little as even refurbed it was a liiiiiiitle bit painful.

So far I have been working on Christmas presents and projects. I have started my first quilt but I'm so nervous about messing it up that it is going very slowly. It's a Christmas tree quilt and at the current rate I expect it to be done sometime next Christmas.

My next small projects are making draft stoppers for my doors and windows attempting to make a yoga bolster.

I am also going to attempt to celebrate the now (mostly) defunct National Blog Post Month by keeping up here for at least a month. I should probably figure out how to do this on my phone so I don't miss weekends.

Happy November to anyone who's still out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment