Friday, October 4, 2013

Let me Google that for you

So tonight's pet peeve comes from the comments section of basically every website ever. I know, I know, don't read the comments, but whatever, you can judge me about that later. For now, let's judge everyone else, or at least judge the idiots that are currently bugging me. I hope none of my (I think very few) readers are guilty of this by the way. If you are, it's not too late to NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

What great and terrible sin do I refer to? Posting a comment on an article that is akin to "I don't know who x is, but I love them"  "or, I don't know who x is, but I hate them" OR "I don't know who x is, and I don't care."

I am so happy for you, that you live in a world where you are sheltered from pop culture and therefore cruise through life not understanding any references ever. You are a pain in the rear to everyone you talk to and I would glad you punch you today for the chance to ALSO PUNCH YOU TOMORROW. 

Here's a tip. Rather than bragging about how wicked cool your ignorance is, because man, what is more awesome than being stupid? LOOK IT UP. I will grant you, this may be the librarian in me, but I don't think I have ever stood up and said "I am completely ignorant on a subject, but I'm going to share my opinion anyway, but feel free to tell me about stuff later."

If you are talking on the internet, you are ALREADY ON THE INTERNET. The information is right there. You can use the Googles. The power is within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment