Friday, November 1, 2013

giving cranky thanks

You know what makes me REALLY cranky? Realizing that my first blog post of the month never posted and now I can't remember what I wrote. So here ya go. a cranky post for the 1st.

Oh! I know what it was. I am REALLY cranky about all the stupid I'm thankful for posts on facebook. Yes. I get it. You're thankful for the same crap you were thankful for last year. And so, in tribute, here is a post about thankfulness brought to you by the great poet, Jack Prelutsky.


I'm thankful for my baseball bat,
I cracked it yesterday,
I'm thankful for my checker set,
I haven't learned to play,
I'm thankful for my mittens,
one is missing in the snow,
I'm thankful for my hamsters,
they escaped a month ago.

I'm thankful for my basketball,
it's sprung another leak,
I'm thankful for my parakeet,
it bit me twice last week,
I'm thankful for my bicycle,
I crashed into a tree,
I'm thankful for my roller skates,
I fell and scraped my knee.

I'm thankful for my model plane,
it's short a dozen parts,
I'm thankful for my target game,
I'm sure I'll find the darts,
I'm thankful for my bathing suit,
it came off in the river,
I'm thankful for so many things,
except, of course, for LIVER!

--Jack Prelutsky

No comments:

Post a Comment