Saturday, December 4, 2010

I wonder as I wander

So today for Reverb10 I'm supposed to talk about how I cultivate wonder in my life. And it's a very sparkly, rose colored glasses idea but is it something I do?

I don't think so. Not really. I don't wake up in the morning and gaze in awe at the possibilities of the new day. If I was that kind of person, this wouldn't be a crankyblog, let's be honest. I guess I find wonder in my faith and the belief that God is still working in the world, but I don't know how I cultivate that, other than to be a Sunday school teacher.

I do think I cultivate a slightly different definition of wonder. I WONDER about a lot of things. I like to explore the world and learn new things. To find new ideas, new knowledge, and learn things that it never even occurred to be to think about. As a result, my list of books I've read and want to read looks a little...like I have some kind of split personality. hah.

Maybe I find wonder in finding new things to wonder about.

No comments:

Post a Comment