Sunday, December 12, 2010

Vintage...that does sound better than "old crap"

And now, one of the stupidest things I've ever seen sold on Etsy. Used recipe cards. And somebody BOUGHT THEM! Because they're tied with twine! And a button! So it's charming and not insane!

I can't even deal, you  guys. I am going to lay some knowledge on you, my friends. Just because you slap the word vintage on something doesn't make it valuable. The fact that vintage has become some popular is both cool and ridiculously stupid. I am all for embracing the past. Classic styles, historical pieces, your grandmother's recipe box? Those are things that are very cool. But a pair of holey overalls from 1984 and a bunch of recipes you're not even supposed to use for the recipes? THIS WAY LIES MADNESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment