Friday, November 12, 2010

It's getting hot in here...

Maintenance! Today I am cranky about maintenance! Why is this blog coming in under the wire on the west coast? Because my smoke alarm started going off. There was no smoke, of course. There was a touch of steam from the kitchen, which was an entire floor away. It's been causing a little trouble. Every time I take a shower it goes off. Kind of a pain, but manageable until I could get around to calling maintenance. So what happened tonight? It started going off. I stopped it. It started going off. I stopped it. Aaaaaaaaand. Again and Again. So I called the after hours maintenance people. It took them over an hour to get here. And THEN when they came, they took the alarm down, declared that it needed replaced, took it away, and took ANOTHER hour for them to bring the new one. And before anyone posts comments about changing the battery...there are no batteries. My alarms are hardwired into the house.

AND! Another thing! I had taken the one closest to the kitchen down like a year ago cause it was so sensitive, and I mentioned it to the maintenance guy, and when he looked at it...the wires were GONE. Apparently, at some point, someone, probably also from maintenance came INTO MY HOUSE WITHOUT PERMISSION and INEXPLICABLY! removed the wires. They didn't fix the smoke alarm, no no. They just ripped the wires out, left a hole in the ceiling and .... that's it. I don't know how I missed it until this point. It hasn't been all that long, and it is so so so sooooooooooooooo creepy.

This is the downside of renting, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment